- The Man Who Cracked the Lottery
A crazy piece about a man who found a possibility to rig lotto numbers. Are there not any code reviews!?
- Die Bundeswehr bei der rp18 – eine Chronologie. Und ein paar Fragen.
»Falls nein: WTF?« Crazy! Von einer beliebigen Firma wäre so ein PR-Stunt wild und böse und ob de #rp18 Mottos arg ironisch gewesen. Aber von der Bundeswehr!? #WTF!
- I Played Fortnite and Figured Out the Universe
The author plays Fortnites and thinks about the Dark Forest Theory (of Liu Cixin’s Three-Body Problem Trilogy). The connections are obvious and I am always happy to read about resolving the Dark Forest, but he leaves two things out of sight: 1) (Re: Culture) All Fortnite players share, to some extend, same knowledge and culture; that’s not so for alien civilizations; 2) Respawn: When you take a chance of breaking out of the Dark Forest by simple (»single bit«) communication, you accept some probablity of failing; when you only have one chance, you will certainly choose the safer path (of silence). Right?
- Why can’t Hollywood make a good video game movie?
Sounds reasonable. TL;DR: Because games are not movies.
- Behind the Fall and Rise of China’s Xiaomi
The story of Xiaomi, which I didn’t know before.
- ThunderX2 Arms Hyperscale And HPC Compute
There are new ARM processors with HPC-related features released. Cool! Let’s see what they will be able to achieve.
- Inside the Unnerving Supply Chain Attack That Corrupted CCleaner
Hackers entered the system of the CCleaner programmers and modified the download of the app. Over two million downloads were counted before the owners of CCleaner were able to stop distribution.