Hallo 2018. Mit etwas Verspätung geht’s auch dieses Jahr weiter mit meinem Gelesenen.
- Free Mickey — Why Mickey Mouse’s 1998 copyright extension probably won’t happen again
It looks likely that copyrights from 1920 will finally expire at the end of this year. Because the internet.
- Remembering the Chicago Pile, the World’s First Nuclear Reactor
The tale of how the first nuclear reactor, inteded to create Plotonium, came to be
- 2018 Will Be The Year Humanity Directly ‚Sees‘ Our First Black Hole
Cool! Combining images of the center of our galaxy from different space telescope might give us our first direct look at a black hole!
- I’m harvesting credit card numbers and passwords from your site. Here’s how.
About website security and the NPM ecosystem
- Google Maps’s Moat – How far ahead of Apple Maps is Google Maps?
Detailed analysis of differences of Apple Maps and Google Maps and how far ahead Google’s service is. The »data out of data« is a bit sensationalistic, although correct in its essence.
Tried to read up on the speculative execution vulnerabilities in x86. I found the Project Zero article quite hard to read (I seem to lack some kernel insight), but the higher-level reporting at Ars more understandable (although much more superficial): Article before and after vulnerability annoucement. #exploitswithlogos
- Attack of the Week: Group Messaging in WhatsApp and Signal
Nothing too serious, but now I know how group messaging works in WhatsApp and Signal