- That time Larry Ellison allegedly tried to have a professor fired for benchmarking Oracle
Oracle and MS SQL don’t allow their databases to be benchmarked. Crazy.
- Laser-driven technique for creating fusion is now within reach, say researchers
Didn’t know this is a thing. Cool! And the technology could be there within a decade. But maybe they mean an ITER decade…?
- What Needs to Happen Before Electric Cars Take Over the World
A run down of things that are elemental for a EV mass market: General cost decrease, supply of materials for batteries, more charging stations, attachment to combustion engines, adoption of new manufacturing methods.
- FML: Why millennials are facing the scariest financial future of any generation since the Great Depression.
A mostly American, marvelously illustrated report on why millennials live on such a tight budget. I’m happy to live in Germany, although some glimpses of the effects can be seen here as well (city housing…). (Also: I don’t like these scroll-to-proceed-in-animation website.)
- Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
Make sure to have the X Files soundtrack on repeat in the background.
- Netflix’s Dark is hard to watch, and impossible to stop watching
Dark’s reviews are strange. While most foreign source praise the show, critics from Germany do not seem to like it. (This review is from 1 December.)