- Writing a Unix Shell – Part II
In which Indradhanush explains how commands are executed, except for
- Sorting 2 Metric Tons of Lego & Sorting 2 Tons of Lego, The software Side
A guy buys random caches of Lego on eBay to resell them again, but properly sorted. The posts explain his machine and how he found his lord and savior Machine Learning. Cool, though! #machinelearnallthethings
- GNU sed by examples
Nice to have as an extensive cheatsheet for times in need; probably the rest of the whole repository is also worth a look
- The surprising pattern behind color names around the world [VIDEO]
Interesting, although I am sceptical towards the method mentioned last…
- Independence Day — What Makes it So Great [VIDEO]
A year old, but came up on Reddit only now. I never considered Independence Day particularly well-made (I was 12…). But this video let’s me think otherwise.
- In Yemen’s secret prisons, UAE tortures and US interrogates
Do falling trees really make a sound if no one is looking?
- A Critical Problem
Nice-looking photo, right? Well. Actually, that photo might not be that far away from criticality. How far away (as in mass) is not sure because it is not known what kind of plutonium it is in the picture. In any case, it’s interesting to get a small behind-the-scences glimpse at nuclear storage safety.